Republished by Blog Post Promoter
“The great men – the strong men – care nothing for the flock, which so obediently trots along after them. They derive no satisfaction from this thing, which pleases only inferior minds, and gratifies only petty natures and ambitions. The big men — the great spirits of all ages — have derived more satisfaction from that inward conviction of strength and ability which they felt unfolding into activity within themselves, than in the plaudits of the mob, or in the servility of those Imitative creatures who sought to follow in their footsteps.
And, this thing called Individuality is a real thing. Inherent in each of us, and which may be developed and brought into activity in each one of us if we go about it right. Individuality is the expression of our Self – that Self which is what we mean when we say “I”.
Each of us is an Individual – an “I” – differing from every other “I” in the universe, so far as personal expression is concerned. And in the measure that we express and unfold the powers of that “I”, so are we great, strong and successful. We all “have it in us” – it depends upon us to get it out into Expression. And, this Individual Expression lies at the heart of the “Secret of Success”.”
~ Excerpt from the book “Secret of Success” by William Walker Atkinson, 1906
William Walker Atkinson (December 5, 1862 – November 22, 1932) was an attorney, merchant, publisher, and author, as well as an occultist and an American pioneer of the New Thought movement. He is also known to have been the author of the pseudonymous works attributed to Theron Q. Dumont and Yogi Ramacharaka. Due in part to Atkinson’s intense personal secrecy and extensive use of pseudonyms, he is now largely forgotten, despite having written more than 100 books in the last 30 years of his life. His works have remained in print more or less continuously since 1900.
William Walker Atkison Website: http://williamwalkeratkinson.wwwhubs.com/
LINKS to Free On-line books written by WILLIAM WALKER ATKINSON:
Reincarnation and the Law of Karma, by William Walker Atkinson
Memory: How to Develop, Train and Use It, by William Walker Atkinson
- Practical Mental Influence by William Walker Atkinson – free online edition
- Practical Mind Reading by William Walker Atkinson – free online edition
- The Art and Science of Personal Magnetism by Theron Q. Dumont free online edition
- Mystic Christianity by Yogi Ramacharaka free online edition
- Mystic Christianity by Yogi Ramacharaka— Read Online, Flash Version
- Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka free online edition
- The Hindu-Yogi Science of Breath by Yogi Ramacharaka— Read Online, Flash Version
- The Yogi Philosophy by Yogi Ramacharaka free online edition
- Gnani Yoga by Yogi Ramacharaka— Read Online, Flash Version
- Hatha Yoga by Yogi Ramacharaka free online edition
- Raja Yoga by Yogi Ramacharaka— Read Online, Flash Version
- The Kybalion Resource Page – features online versions of The Kybalion
- The Arcane Teaching